ChatGPT for Coders
Write code with ChatGPT
ChatGPT is a general-purpose large language model that is finding its way into many assistant-like roles; one is as a developer's assistant. In this workshop, you will learn the basics of ChatGPT and how you can leverage the features of ChatGPT to act as a developer assistant. This can help you improve your productivity and save time doing basic development work. Also, we will explore how you can integrate Github Copilot to be your AI pair programmer and how to integrate ChatGPT's API in your application to make your applications AI aware.
- Basics of the ChatGPT interface
- Prompt Engineering tips and tricks for getting better code
- Integrations into VS Code and your CLI
- Refining, improving, and explaining existing code
- Writing unit tests, Dockerfiles, and other supporting code
- Using ChatGPT APIs to build LLMs into your software
You'll learn how to use ChatGPT for code generation and refinement, integrate it into your dev environment like VS Code, and employ its API to make your software smarter. The workshop also covers tips for effective prompt engineering. It aims to boost your development productivity through AI-assisted tools.
- An internet computer
- ChatGPT Account (GPT PLUS is recommended)
- VS Code or equivalent Editor
Tom Wilson is the Founder/CEO of hyper.io, a company that provides a meta-service framework to remove the pain of working with cloud services. Before hyper, Tom was the CTIO with Tabula Rasa HealthCare Inc (TRHC). During this period, Tom serves the local technology community, inspiring and mentoring engineers. Connect with Tom on LinkedIn.