ChatGPT for Students
Introduction, guidance and example usage
The ChatGPT for Students, aimed at middle and high school students, provides practical guidance and examples (along with a few cautions) on becoming proficient with conversational AI tools such as ChatGPT for academic enhancement and personal growth.
This class offers a practical yet super fun journey for young learners into the realm of ChatGPT and other text-based artificial intelligence tools. The goal of the class is not simply to convey the cursory basics of AI. Rather, the aim is to equip our future professionals and leaders to confidently and conscientiously master these powerful educational and business tools.
- Understanding the basics – the fundamentals of ChatGPT and Artificial Intelligence
- Interactive learning – understand the capabilities and limitations of ChatGPT
- Safety awareness – basic guidelines for interacting with ChatGPT safely
- Creative exploration – generate stories, poems or answering fun questions
- Ethical considerations – cautionary notes for properly and maturely utilizing ChatGPT and other AI tools
- Reflection and feedback – we'll look at the big picture and save time for open comments and discussion
- Fundamental understanding of ChatGPT and LLMs
- Ability to engage with ChatGPT for interactive learning lessons
- Safety awareness & cautions for interacting with ChatGPT
- Ethical considerations when using ChatGPT
- Creative thinking with ChatGPT
- An internet computer
- Parents should create a ChatGPT Account for their children using an email account they can access.
Tom Wilson is the Founder/CEO of hyper.io, a company that provides a meta-service framework to remove the pain of working with cloud services. Before hyper, Tom was the CTIO with Tabula Rasa HealthCare Inc (TRHC). During this period, Tom serves the local technology community, inspiring and mentoring engineers. Connect with Tom on LinkedIn